Stunning Venue, Sumptuous Feast, Superb Wines and Great Music
Collaroy Tennis Club is celebrating the mid-point of another year with a big party at a stunning venue, featuring a sumptuous winter feast, superb wines and great music provided by sparkling DJs.
But this event also has a twist to it. As part of a special Tasting of award-winning Kilikanoon Wines (Clare Valley), we’re conducting an experiment to try and prove a current theory that music actually influences the way wine tastes. Experiments around the world suggest that our appreciation of wine can be enhanced by stimulating other senses, specifically listening to certain music while sipping.
Can music change the flavour of wine?
“The more we explore it, the more mysterious wine seems. It appears to provide a mirror to our feelings. We associate different wine types with different moods, just as we do with music. When the wine and the music match, both improve.”Clark Smith, ‘Maverick Vintner
- Saturday 22 July | 6.30pm to 11pm
- VENUE Milestone Events (run by Club Member Miles Blackwell and his wife)
- 16 North Fort Road, North Head, Manly
- Chef’s Selection of Canapes upon arrival
- Shared platters with a selection of sumptuous red and white meats and seafood
- Selection of exquisite desserts
- Full bar in operation serving, beers and spirits as well as wine
- Wine Tasting – Kilikanoon Wines (Clare Valley)
- GETTING THERE FREE parking near the venue, or possibly a bus to be organised to take us to and from the Club
- MUSIC & DANCING
- Provided by DJs Belen & Delfina of dmb
- Music all night, specially selected songs for the experiment, and dancing afterwards
- TICKETS $98 pp ($30 per table discount for booking a table of 10)
- EARLY BIRD OFFER Book by Sunday 25 June and receive a FREE Limoncello Spritz* cocktail on arrival (to be served by 7.30pm)
Be part of this exciting experiment!
Don’t miss this one… it is bound to go down in Collaroy Tennis Club Folklore and be talked about for years to come. That said, this is not just for members… Partners, Family and Friends are ALL welcome!
So if you like your wine, your music, the chance to warm up winter with a great night out, AND you want to go down in history as part of a fascinating scientific experiment, book your seats TODAY!
We look forward to your participation in The Great Mid-Winter Wine Experiment.